In honor of Twitter’s #Friday Follow tradition, I decided to “Friday Follow” myself all around the office and the house today, to observe what the heck I do all day as an entrepreneur, career coach, writer, and mom, and to see where the time goes.
So here’s what my TO DO list today looked like:
1) Be a caring mom – Get kids up, ready, fed and off to school. DONE!
2) Clean – the dishes and straighten house. DONE!
3) Think Ahead and Prepare – Make sure there’s something for dinner. DONE!
4) Read – everything I can get my hands on, about working women, work-life balance, and careers. DONE!
5) Keep up-to-date – Check my Google alerts on women, careers, women’s event, and women’s books. DONE!
6) Blog – Write a post for three of my blogs. DONE!
7) Write – Prepare an article for submission on women’s work-life balance. DONE!
8) Promote – Reach out to interested folks about my upcoming audio and video series. DONE!
9) Connect – Have lunch with my husband and have meaningful conversation (and fun). DONE!
10) Produce – Take one step towards finishing an author clip for my site. DONE!
11) Be a caring child – Call my parents to check in. DONE!
12) Biz Develop – Connect with two neat West Coast coaches and consultants to talk about collaborating. DONE!
13) Confirm – planning details of my seminar with executive women Monday. DONE!
14) Edit – Work on editing an audio clip of a recent teleseminar to meet my deadline. NOT QUITE DONE!
15) Exercise – NOT DONE AT ALL!
16) Email – Answer my skillions of emails and delete the spam and mindless crap and promotions. DONE!
17) Mentor – Help out colleague who’s a bit down today, and offer support. DONE!
18) Coach – Conduct my career coaching sessions with clients. DONE!
19) Be a caring parent – Be home/available for my son’s return from school, talk and share, and give a snack – DONE!
20) Administrate – Pay bills (my favorite task – not!). DONE!
21) Be Social – Friday Follow and RT on Twitter, and add new stuff to FB and LinkedIn. DONE!
22) Watch – as my head exploded, then vent about it to my husband (just kidding! – not really)
23) Transport and Shuttle – Pick up my daughter from sports at school. DONE!
24) Cook – Make dinner for family, and “hang” – DONE!
25) Clean – up the mess – DONE!
26) Post again – Write this piece. DONE!
27) Collapse – into a heap. DONE!
28) Rest – and enjoy an online episode of “GLEE.” NOT DONE, BUT WILL BE TONIGHT – gleefully! (After I un-heap myself).
OK! That was my day, from 7:00 am to 6:25pm. Not so bad for 11.5 hours. So why do I still feel like I didn’t come close to completing what I wanted to??
Ah, the joys of perfectionism and overfunctioning!
What was your TO-DO List and how well did you accomplish it?
Happy Friday, my friends!